Flag State Administration
Flag State and Port State Control
NIMASA implement and enforce safety standards whether under domestic laws or International Conventions ratified by Nigeria;
- Safety of Life At Sea (SOLAS) Convention of 1974,
- The Suppression of Unlawful Acts against the Safety of Maritime Navigation Convention (SUA) of 1988 & Protocol of 2005,
- COLREG ‘72, Load Lines (LL ’66),
- TONNAGE MEASUREMENT ’69, MARPOL 73/78 etc
- Under Abuja MOU, Nigeria has a Port State responsibility to carry out a minimum of 15% inspection on vessels calling in Nigeria.