The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, is committed to the enthronement of global best practices in the provision of maritime services in Nigeria.
Our areas of focus include effective Maritime Safety Administration, Maritime Labour Regulation, Marine Pollution Prevention and Control, Search and Rescue, Cabotage enforcement, Shipping Development and Ship Registration, Training and Certification of Seafarers, and Maritime Capacity Development.Using modern tools that guarantee efficiency and effectiveness, we are determined to develop indigenous capacity and eliminate all hindrance.
- Flag State Control
- Port State Control
- Surveys and Inspections
- Navigation Systems
- Hydrographic Services
- Search and Rescue Services
- Ship Casualty/Incident Investigations
- Ship Security
- Seafarers Qualification Training and Certification
- Training Record Book
- Seafarers Medical Examination
- Marine Superintendent Services
- Qualification and Training
- Merchant Shipping Marine Environment Regulations 2012
- Marine Environment Protection Statutory Documents
- List of Insurance Service Providers Recognized by the Agency for Issuing Civil Liability Insurance Blue Cards
- Classification Societies (Recognized Organizations)
- Compliance Monitoring Inspections
- Port Reception Facilities (PRF)
- Removal of Wrecks and Derelicts in Nigerian Waters
- NSC-IOPC Fund Secretariat
- Ship Recycling / Scrapping
- Summary Guide for Marine Environment Statutory Documents that Applies to your Vessel, Company, Facility or Platforms
- Marine Litter Action Plan
- Marine Notices
- Marine Environment Online Services
- Offshore waste reception facility (Download Advance Notification Form)
You have no choice but to perform - Oyetola We will not fail - Jamoh The Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, Dr Bashir Jamoh OFR, today signed a performance bond for Ministerial Deliverables from 2023-2027 with the Ministry of...
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA is closely monitoring the Crude oil spill incident which took place during loading operations in Egina on 15th November 2023 at about 6:30am. NIMASA is working closely with the National Oil Spill Detection...
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, and the Nigerian Navy have inaugurated a committee to establish ways in which the synergy between both organs of government can be channeled into creating a welcoming environment for investment in the...