The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, is committed to the enthronement of global best practices in the provision of maritime services in Nigeria.
Our areas of focus include effective Maritime Safety Administration, Maritime Labour Regulation, Marine Pollution Prevention and Control, Search and Rescue, Cabotage enforcement, Shipping Development and Ship Registration, Training and Certification of Seafarers, and Maritime Capacity Development.Using modern tools that guarantee efficiency and effectiveness, we are determined to develop indigenous capacity and eliminate all hindrance.
- Flag State Control
- Port State Control
- Surveys and Inspections
- Navigation Systems
- Hydrographic Services
- Search and Rescue Services
- Ship Casualty/Incident Investigations
- Ship Security
- Seafarers Qualification Training and Certification
- Training Record Book
- Seafarers Medical Examination
- Marine Superintendent Services
- Qualification and Training
- Merchant Shipping Marine Environment Regulations 2012
- Marine Environment Protection Statutory Documents
- List of Insurance Service Providers Recognized by the Agency for Issuing Civil Liability Insurance Blue Cards
- Classification Societies (Recognized Organizations)
- Compliance Monitoring Inspections
- Port Reception Facilities (PRF)
- Removal of Wrecks and Derelicts in Nigerian Waters
- Ship Recycling / Scrapping
- Summary Guide for Marine Environment Statutory Documents that Applies to your Vessel, Company, Facility or Platforms
- Marine Litter Action Plan
- Marine Notices
- Marine Environment Online Services
Dr. Bashir Jamoh, Director General, NIMASA Director General of Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dr Bashir Jamoh has been named winner of the 2020 Zik Prize in Public Policy. Making the announcement on Thursday, September 23rd, 2021, in...
L-R: Deputy Director, Marine Environment Management (MEM) Department, Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dr. Oma Ofodile; Deputy Director, MEM, Mrs. Catherine Nwuba; Acting Head, MEM, Mr. Isa Mudi; Director, Marine Accident Investigation...
- Says Due Diligence Vital for Project’s Sustainability - Dry Dockyard a Profitable National Asset – Jamoh From 2nd Left: The Director General of NIMASA, Dr.Bashir Jamoh, 2nd Right The Ag. Director General Infrastructure Concession Regulatory action, Mr. Michael...