The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, is committed to the enthronement of global best practices in the provision of maritime services in Nigeria.
Our areas of focus include effective Maritime Safety Administration, Maritime Labour Regulation, Marine Pollution Prevention and Control, Search and Rescue, Cabotage enforcement, Shipping Development and Ship Registration, Training and Certification of Seafarers, and Maritime Capacity Development.Using modern tools that guarantee efficiency and effectiveness, we are determined to develop indigenous capacity and eliminate all hindrance.
- Flag State Control
- Port State Control
- Surveys and Inspections
- Navigation Systems
- Hydrographic Services
- Search and Rescue Services
- Ship Casualty/Incident Investigations
- Ship Security
- Seafarers Qualification Training and Certification
- Training Record Book
- Seafarers Medical Examination
- Marine Superintendent Services
- Qualification and Training
- Merchant Shipping Marine Environment Regulations 2012
- Marine Environment Protection Statutory Documents
- List of Insurance Service Providers Recognized by the Agency for Issuing Civil Liability Insurance Blue Cards
- Classification Societies (Recognized Organizations)
- Compliance Monitoring Inspections
- Port Reception Facilities (PRF)
- Removal of Wrecks and Derelicts in Nigerian Waters
- NSC-IOPC Fund Secretariat
- Ship Recycling / Scrapping
- Summary Guide for Marine Environment Statutory Documents that Applies to your Vessel, Company, Facility or Platforms
- Marine Litter Action Plan
- Marine Notices
- Marine Environment Online Services
MARITIME SECURITY: NIGERIA, JAPAN Sign Exchange Notes On High-Speed Boat To Reinforce Deep Blue Project.
The Federal Republic of Nigeria has signed an Exchange of Note(E/N) with the Japanese Government for an Economic and Social Development Programme involving the acquisition of High-Speed Boat to reinforce services for coastal security in Nigeria, with the...
Urges Continuous Synergy among Maritime Agencies We will sustain the Tempo - Jamoh The Honourable Minister of State for Transportation, Senator Gbemisola Ruqayyah Saraki has embarked on a tour of facilities and assets of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and...
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA has commenced preparatory works to deploy high-resolution magnetometer to validate the on going wreck removal exercise of all identified wrecks listed for removal along the Badagry Creek in Lagos. The...