The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, is committed to the enthronement of global best practices in the provision of maritime services in Nigeria.
Our areas of focus include effective Maritime Safety Administration, Maritime Labour Regulation, Marine Pollution Prevention and Control, Search and Rescue, Cabotage enforcement, Shipping Development and Ship Registration, Training and Certification of Seafarers, and Maritime Capacity Development.Using modern tools that guarantee efficiency and effectiveness, we are determined to develop indigenous capacity and eliminate all hindrance.
- Flag State Control
- Port State Control
- Surveys and Inspections
- Navigation Systems
- Hydrographic Services
- Search and Rescue Services
- Ship Casualty/Incident Investigations
- Ship Security
- Seafarers Qualification Training and Certification
- Training Record Book
- Seafarers Medical Examination
- Marine Superintendent Services
- Qualification and Training
- Merchant Shipping Marine Environment Regulations 2012
- Marine Environment Protection Statutory Documents
- List of Insurance Service Providers Recognized by the Agency for Issuing Civil Liability Insurance Blue Cards
- Classification Societies (Recognized Organizations)
- Compliance Monitoring Inspections
- Port Reception Facilities (PRF)
- Removal of Wrecks and Derelicts in Nigerian Waters
- NSC-IOPC Fund Secretariat
- Ship Recycling / Scrapping
- Summary Guide for Marine Environment Statutory Documents that Applies to your Vessel, Company, Facility or Platforms
- Marine Litter Action Plan
- Marine Notices
- Marine Environment Online Services
- Offshore waste reception facility (Download Advance Notification Form)
Agency Hosts Workshop on Seafarers Medical Certification in Lagos. The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) hosted an enlightenment workshop for seafarers, employers of seafarers and other maritime stakeholders in Lagos on Seafarers’ Medical...
· Commends NIMASA Management · As Jamoh Declares Minister’s Appointment Unique The Honorable Minister of the Marine and Blue Economy, His Excellency Adegboyega Oyetola, has stated that tackling illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing, harnessing...
Assets managed by project team - Jamoh The Nigerian Navy says assets acquired by the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA under the Integrated National Security and Waterways Protection Infrastructure, otherwise known as the Deep Blue...