The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, is committed to the enthronement of global best practices in the provision of maritime services in Nigeria.
Our areas of focus include effective Maritime Safety Administration, Maritime Labour Regulation, Marine Pollution Prevention and Control, Search and Rescue, Cabotage enforcement, Shipping Development and Ship Registration, Training and Certification of Seafarers, and Maritime Capacity Development.Using modern tools that guarantee efficiency and effectiveness, we are determined to develop indigenous capacity and eliminate all hindrance.
- Flag State Control
- Port State Control
- Surveys and Inspections
- Navigation Systems
- Hydrographic Services
- Search and Rescue Services
- Ship Casualty/Incident Investigations
- Ship Security
- Seafarers Qualification Training and Certification
- Training Record Book
- Seafarers Medical Examination
- Marine Superintendent Services
- Qualification and Training
- Merchant Shipping Marine Environment Regulations 2012
- Marine Environment Protection Statutory Documents
- List of Insurance Service Providers Recognized by the Agency for Issuing Civil Liability Insurance Blue Cards
- Classification Societies (Recognized Organizations)
- Compliance Monitoring Inspections
- Port Reception Facilities (PRF)
- Removal of Wrecks and Derelicts in Nigerian Waters
- Ship Recycling / Scrapping
- Summary Guide for Marine Environment Statutory Documents that Applies to your Vessel, Company, Facility or Platforms
- Marine Litter Action Plan
- Marine Notices
- Marine Environment Online Services
- Says Jamoh an asset. - Intervention aimed at empowering displaced persons- Jamoh. L-R: Secretary to the State Government, Kaduna State, Balarabe Abbas; Director General, Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dr. Bashir...
Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos, Professor Oluwatoyin Ogundipe, during a courtesy visit to the Agency’s headquarters in Lagos, recently. L-R: Executive Director, Finance and Administration, Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA),...
· Honoured by CNS for Ensuring Civil-Military Cohesion From Left to Right: Rear Admiral Zubairu Gambo, Chief of Naval Staff and Dr. Yusuf Jamoh, DG NIMASA The Director-General of Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dr. Bashir Jamoh, has...