Requirements and Procedure for Registration as a Shipping Company or Shipping Agent
- Collect Debit note from the desk officer in charge of Debit Note for N110,000.00 (N10,000 is for the form B1, while N100,000.00 is for the registration fee)
- Visit http://www.remita.net to generate your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number
- Using your RRR number, pay at the bank or through your e-banking application and print out the Remita receipt.
- With both your receipt receipt and debit note, visit the Agency’s Financial Services Department on the 4th Obtain your NIMASA receipt.
- With your receipt, pick up your form B1 from the Legal Services Department on 7th Carefully fill the form and ensure to sign, seal or stamp and date the form.
- Write an application letter addressed as follows:
The Director General/CEO
Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency
4 Burma Road
Attention: Director, Legal Services & Board Secretary
State the category you wish to apply for clearly. This will either be for Shipping Company or Agent. Thereafter, attach the following documents:
- Receipt of payment
- Memorandum and Articles of Association with 25Million Naira Share Capital (The main object clause should be Shipping related-this is very important)
- Certificate of Increase in Share Capital, this is relevant if you your Company had increased its share capital post incorporation
- displaying allotment of shares (this could be in CAC form or otherwise
- Document displaying allotment of shares post incorporation (this could be in CAC for 2A or otherwise)
- Document displaying Particulars of Directors (this could be in form CAC 7 or CAC 7A if there had been any changes post incorporation
- Evidence that Company has filed for Annual Returns (this could be in form CAC 10, or a letter acknowledging filing of Annual Returns from Corporate Affairs Commission)
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate
- Original Bank Reference
- Audited Account or Financial Statement of Account ( you will need financial statement if your Company is less than 18months old and Audited if your Company is over 18months old)
- A physical audit of your Company will be carried out
- Submit your application along with the attachments to the DG’s office and keep your stamped and received copy
*** Kindly ensure that all documents are attached on submission as partial fulfillment of requirement will cause delays in processing your application.