List of Requirements for Renewal of Shipping Company or Shipping Agent License
- Collect Debit note from the desk officer in charge of Debit Note for N15,000.00 (this amount is paid annually, therefore if your expiration date exceeds a year, kindly pay for the number of years the licence has remained expired)
- Visit http://www.remita.net to generate your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number
- Using your RRR number, pay at the bank or through your e-banking application and print out the Remita receipt.
- With both your receipt and debit note, visit the Agency’s Financial Services Department on 4th Obtain your NIMASA receipt.
- Write an application letter addressed as follows ;
The Director General/CEO
Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency
4 Burma Road
Director, Legal Services & Board Secretary
State the category you wish to apply for clearly. This will either be for Shipping Company or Agent. Thereafter, attach the following documents
- Receipt of payment
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate
- Evidence that Company has filed for Annual Returns (this could be in form CAC 10, or a letter acknowledging filing of Annual Returns from Corporate Affairs Commission)
- Submit your application along with the attachments to the DG’s office and keep your stamped and received copy
*** Kindly ensure that all documents are attached on submission as partial fulfillment of requirement will cause delays in processing your application.