The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, is committed to the enthronement of global best practices in the provision of maritime services in Nigeria.
Our areas of focus include effective Maritime Safety Administration, Maritime Labour Regulation, Marine Pollution Prevention and Control, Search and Rescue, Cabotage enforcement, Shipping Development and Ship Registration, Training and Certification of Seafarers, and Maritime Capacity Development.Using modern tools that guarantee efficiency and effectiveness, we are determined to develop indigenous capacity and eliminate all hindrance.
- Flag State Control
- Port State Control
- Surveys and Inspections
- Navigation Systems
- Hydrographic Services
- Search and Rescue Services
- Ship Casualty/Incident Investigations
- Ship Security
- Seafarers Qualification Training and Certification
- Training Record Book
- Seafarers Medical Examination
- Marine Superintendent Services
- Qualification and Training
- Merchant Shipping Marine Environment Regulations 2012
- Marine Environment Protection Statutory Documents
- List of Insurance Service Providers Recognized by the Agency for Issuing Civil Liability Insurance Blue Cards
- Classification Societies (Recognized Organizations)
- Compliance Monitoring Inspections
- Port Reception Facilities (PRF)
- Removal of Wrecks and Derelicts in Nigerian Waters
- Ship Recycling / Scrapping
- Summary Guide for Marine Environment Statutory Documents that Applies to your Vessel, Company, Facility or Platforms
- Marine Litter Action Plan
- Marine Notices
- Marine Environment Online Services
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) and the Nigerian Customs Service have agreed on modalities for seamless and timely delivery of the Deep Blue Project assets currently at the ports. The agreement was reached in a meeting between the...
We Will Continue to Reward Professionalism – Jamoh The Governing Board of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) has approved the appointment of three new Directors, Mr. Eric OJI, Mr. Dimowo Heaky, and a former spokesman of the Agency, Mr....
· FG Committed to Specialized Training for Seafarers - Amaechi · NIMASA in sync With IMO on Seafarers’ Welfare - Jamoh L-R: Director-General, Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Dr....